Thursday 17 April 2008

Trip to Stockholm, Sweden

I think i need to post something on this blog.I have been preoccupied with many things lately so this post is just an effort to keep this blog going.

Reminiscing can be soothing sometimes.Looking back in time when the good and the bad were just part of life. An assurance to yourself that current problems are not as bad as the past and happiness is even greater than ever.So for the start, i would like to share a few pics from a trip to Stockholm in 2005.

I really cannot remember the exact date of the trip but I do remember the year. It was in 2006 right after my summer exam. This trip was organised by budak Cardiff consisted of Anep, Wan Shah, Din, Farouk and Aufa. The group was led by Din who did all the planning and bookings. Being a first year student, I was not expecting much of travelling outside the UK when the heart was always thinking of home. It started from series of invitation by Anep to join them to Stockholm. It was a big question mark, why Stockholm? The answer from them was not many Malaysian have been there and probably it was novelty in term of location for many Malaysian students. Not being fussy, I duly accepted the invitation. It was all about seizing opportunity. I don’t think I would get the same chance let alone being the only guy from the Mara College Banting to be in Newcastle. Getting yourself to as many Europe countries as you can is one of the main agenda in the life of a Malaysian student. I might be wrong but that is what most students brag about. I know sometimes things can be inappropriate in different perspective considering amount of spending for entertainment and leisure which is quite a lot. But many of us do not realise that the money come from the taxpayers. Sometimes students can be too pampered. The complacency leads to ignorance and ultimately nothing is gained in your study years in overseas.A mere degree certificate. That is a reminder to myself and probably to you.Now I just digressed from the main topic. Back to the main thing: Here are a few pictures from the trip.








1 comments:

Unknown said...

hello! nice pics from your travel to stockholm. hope you can share more pics. just my two cents...i think whatever you do, it's all depend on your intention, and traveling around using your scholarship money is nothing wrong, and its your money after all, and how you juggle the expenses between your living allowances and responsibility to spend it. as long as you do your studies, and spending the money is a bonus...